Dharma Jewel Monastery hosts Atlanta's guided Zen meditation and 11-week fundamental concepts of Buddhism class - this series is every Thursday evening starting September 7, 2017! The sequential weekly course runs through the end of November, and this is our 27th offering in Atlanta. Register now at
or by phone at 770-939-5008 , or drop by in person at 2550 Henderson Mill Rd NE, Atlanta GA 30345
Children's class will be on Sundays at 2:30pm.
Where can we find peace of mind and true happiness? Zen meditation helps us attain an unbiased perception of reality. The key is to reflect inwardly. In this way, we can reach a clearer understanding of life’s difficulties with true wisdom and peace of mind as the result.
All classes are free and open to the public. We are supported by your generous donations.
What makes meditation classes at Dharma Jewel Monastery a superb experience?
- Qualified Teachers: Taught by dedicated fully-ordained monastics who devote their entire lives to authentic Zen practices
- Recognized Buddhist lineage: Our team of experienced monastics have undergone years of rigorous practice (and are still doing so) as part of Chung Tai Chan Monastery, a reputable international group with around 100 meditation centers around the world upholding the teachings of the Buddha
- Practice and Learn: Structured, 11 consecutive week class includes both meditation practice as well as high-quality prepared lectures to cultivate understanding
- Wisdom: Our course goes beyond just relaxation, and also teaches in a clear way the fundamentals of timeless Buddhist philosophy as applicable to modern life
- Relax. Focus. Be Aware. : Welcome and relaxing environment in a clean and large meditation hall
- Open to everyone, including those with no prior experience or background in meditation. And you don't even have to be Buddhist to meditate with us!
- Completion of this introductory course allows attendance at our more advanced meditation courses and sutra study classes. Participation in monthly meditation retreats is only open to those who have taken our courses.
- Free. There is no charge to attend any event at our monastery. We are supported by your voluntary donations. No catch, no gimmicks.
Still have questions? Feel free to contact us. Register by phone, in person, or online today, and see you on Thursday September 7, 2017!