Price: Depends on event
The holiday season at Avalon, presented by Northside Hospital, kicks off on Nov. 19. A full list of events is as follows:
- The Lighting of Avalon: Avalon’s annual celebration of the beginning of the holiday season will take place on Nov. 19 from 1 to 8 p.m. The free community event that attracts thousands of holiday revelers will feature festive music, family activities, live performances, fireworks and so much more. Avalon’s 40-foot Christmas tree, which sit atop Avalon’s world-class Concierge, will be the center of a magical parade at sunset, where Santa will arrive to light the tree and officially kick off the most wonderful time of the year! A full schedule of events is as follows:
- 1 to 5 p.m.: Activity Row
- Take the family for a stroll along Avalon Boulevard for face painting, balloon art, caricatures, photo booth fun, and more!
- 1 to 9 p.m.: Avalon On Ice
- Avalon on Ice kicks off with a magical ice skating performance at 1 p.m. and the rink officially opens to the public at 2 p.m.
- 1 to 5 p.m.: DJ & Holiday Performances
- Starting at 1 p.m., enjoy a live DJ spinning holiday hits as well as seasonal performances from local entertainment throughout the day.
- 5 to 6:30 p.m.: Blair Crimmins
- Atlanta-based ragtime jazz band, Blair Crimmins takes the main stage at 5 p.m. to get you in the holiday spirit!
- 6:45 to 8 p.m.: Bogey and the Viceroy
- Back again for the fourth year, Bogey and the Viceroy rounds out the evening with a spectacular holiday performance you won't want to miss!
- 7 p.m.: Tree Lights
- Help Santa countdown to the lighting of our magnificent 40-foot tree to kick off the perfect holiday at Avalon!
- Avalon on Ice: Avalon’s Rockefeller Center-inspired ice skating rink opens to the public on Nov. 19. The cost to glide on the ice is $18 for adults and $14 for children 9 and under and includes skates. For hours and information on group rentals, visit experienceavalon.com. Additionally, mark your calendars for Avalon On Ice Live on Dec. 2, featuring live music and holiday cheer from The Mike Veal Band.
- Santa at Avalon: Santa will arrive at Avalon during the Lighting of Avalon, and will take up residence in Santa’s Cottage beginning Nov. 20 through Christmas Eve. Avalon is known for its unique high-tech Santa Claus experience, which uses RFID technology and an iPad hidden within “Santa’s Book” to personalize each child’s visit with Old St. Nick and help even the most skeptical children believe. Remember the magical moment with professional photos available for purchase. A visit with Saint Nick is free but reservations are recommended.
- Breakfast with Santa at Chick-fil-A – Saturday, Dec. 16 from 8 to 10 a.m. Enjoy your choice of a breakfast combo from Chick-fil-A’s delectable menu while visiting with Santa and taking part in other exciting holiday surprises. Tickets are available now for $15 per child and $20 per adult.
- Breakfast with Santa at Oak Steakhouse – Sunday, Dec. 17 from 9 to 11 a.m. Join jolly Old Saint Nick and his cheerful elves for a delicious family style breakfast. Guests are invited to enjoy a scrumptious breakfast buffet, visit with Santa, and delight in additional holiday surprises. Tickets are on sale no for $20 per child and $35 per adult.
- Story Time with Santa: Visit with jolly Old Saint Nick every Monday as he reads holiday classics and brings cheer for all to hear! Two sessions will be held each Monday, Nov. 20 through Dec. 18 from 6 to 6:30 p.m. and from 6:45 to 7:15 p.m. Tickets are available now for $15/child.
- Pet Photos with Santa: Bring your furry friends for photos and treats with Santa on Sunday, Dec. 3, 10, and 17 from 4 to 7 p.m. Walk-ups only for this event.
To plan your holiday experience, visit experienceavalon.com.