Red, White & BOOM! 4th of July Celebration
The City of Norcross is throwing a pre-Fourth of July block party and you’re invited! Make your way to the heart of downtown historic Norcross on July 3 for food, fun and fireworks during the 2017 edition of Red White and BOOM! The good times start with a bang at 3 p.m. with bounce houses (nominal fee), festive face painting and an assortment of food vendors. Stroll the city sidewalks to find Norcross’ eclectic collection of shops and restaurants, dance in the park to tunes spun by the DJ from 5:30 - 9:30 p.m., or snag a spot on the lawn at Lillian Webb Park for a picnic and mingling with friends before the fireworks light up the night sky. For those looking to continue the fun and celebration, head over to one of Norcross' local hotspots for live music and libations.
Please note: Absolutely no shade structures (tents or umbrellas) are allowed and will have to be dismantled. ADA parking will be available at City Hall (65 Lawrenceville Street) and Bostic Street. City staff will be available to transport seniors or anyone needing assistance that day via golf carts at each of the respective parking locations. A shuttle will also run continuously from the Norcross First United Methodist Church, 2500 Beaver Ruin Road.
Time: 3 - 11 p.m. (fireworks around 9:25 p.m. or dusk)
All of downtown Norcross; Kidzone will be in Thrasher park, DJ/band in Lillian Webb Park, artists/vendors will be stationed downtown and food trucks can be found at Lillian Webb Park
How to Make Norcross’ Red, White and BOOM! a Memorable Fourth of July:
While it won’t be hard to have a good time at Norcross’ Red, White & BOOM!, here are a few ways that you can make sure it is a memorable Fourth of July:
1. Snag a spot at Lillian Webb Park for the best view of the fireworks display.
2. Don’t miss out on the festivities or show while looking for a parking space. Free parking will be available at two nearby designated churches with a shuttle running continuously to downtown Norcross.
3. Be the life of the party by not committing a party foul. Please be mindful of other guests by not blocking the view. To keep the night sky in perfect view of the fireworks, tents and umbrellas are not allowed.
4. Remember, Norcross is an active railroad crossing location. Train tracks are NOT safe for firework viewing.
5. Take your party with you, but only on foot! Open containers are allowed within barricaded areas only!
6. Raise your glasses high and cheers your fellow neighbors with a Red, White & BOOM! signature drink!
7. Celebrate one of the best things about America—FOOD! Enjoy fried foods, snacks on a stick, sinful sweet treats and the best tasting creations on four wheels—food trucks!
Location and Related Activities