What: Single Malt Tasting Event
When: March 1, 2018 (Thursday) @ 7:00 PM
Where: Maxwell’s Cigar Bar, 460 Chambers St.
Woodstock, GA 30188 - Ph: (770) 627-2006
Why: 6 Single Malts Scotch Whiskies
Who: You and your friends
Whom: Jack Smith, K.Q., C.S.S. & President,
Metro Atlanta Scotch Club
Wallet: $30.00 (Pay at the door)
Word: RSVP to Jack@AtlantaScotchClub.com
Proprietor Harvey and Manager Bryan are opening their doors for an evening of good single malt Scotch and Cigars. After you add your favorite stogy, you’ll have a winning formula: Fine Cigars + Good Whisky + Great Friends = An Enjoyable Event @ Maxwell’s Cigar Bar! May I suggest that you grab a friend or two and head on over to Maxwell’s Cigar Bar on March 1st?
Glencadam has introduced a core range of 5 excellent single malts in since 2015. The most recent is Origin 1825, a delicious whisky in the apéritif style (complex and interesting no alcohol burn for the purpose of warming-up one’s palate). Are you ready to change your ‘go-to’ whisky? The Single of Glendullan is likely to do it! At the southern tip of Spey valley is Speyside Distillery. As it is now being imported by the Kohls, your going to start seeing its fine products all over town. The best 10-year-old? Benromach is on everyone’s Top-5 list. Rich, well-made and carefully matured in a combo of Oloroso sherry and Bourbon casks. Bowmore 12 is a ‘go-to’ gently peated gem. It is a terrific digestif style dram to be enjoyed after dinner or with a fine cigar. Compass Box certainly deserves the good reputation that it has earned since 2000. Peat Monster, one of its top-sellers since its 2003 release, is comprised of Ardmore (Eastern Highland) and Laphroaig (Islay), 2 Beam Suntory distilleries.
WHISKY MENU: 3 Speyside, 1 Highland, 1 Islay & 1 Scotland (Vatted Malt)
1. GLENCADAM Single Malt / 'Origin 1825' / NAS / 40% ABV / OB / Dist Owner: Angus Dundee Distillers Plc / Highland (Eastern)
2. SINGLETON OF GLENDULLAN (THE) Single Malt / 12-year / 40% ABV / OB: Glendullan Dist / Dist Owner: Diageo Scotland Ltd. (Diageo plc) / Speyside (Dufftown)
3. SPEYSIDE Single Malt / 12-year / 43% ABV / OB / Dist Owner: Speyside Distillers Co. Ltd. (HOE International Limited) / Speyside (Central)
4. BENROMACH Single Malt / 10-year / 43% ABV / OB / Dist Owner: Gordon & MacPhail / Speyside (Findhorn)
5. BOWMORE Single Malt / 12-year / 40% ABV / OB / Dist Owner: Beam Suntory UK Ltd. (Suntory Holdings Ltd.) / Islay (Loch Indaal)
6. COMPASS BOX Blended Malt / 'The Peat Monster' / NAS / 46% ABV / NCF / IB / Dist Owner: Suntory (Laphroaig & Ardmore) & Burn Stewart Distillers (Ledaig) / Brand Owner: John Glaser / Scotland