There is no better way to celebrate Earth Day weekend than an unforgettable experience enjoying locally sourced gourmet farm to fork meals, fly fishing/fly tying workshops, a riverside yoga-meditation class, hiking and paddling, a special seasonal cooking class, live music, and more!
Georgia River Network and Soque River Watershed Association invite you to come to this year’s adventure, Soque River Hidden Gem: Farm to Fork 2018 for a North Georgia cabin getaway! On the weekend of April 20-22, you will have the opportunity to become river stewards and make the connection between rivers to farm to table! All of the gourmet meals provided throughout the weekend will be sourced from local farms and prepared by renowned Chef David Sweeney, local Chef Maria Loveless, and local Chef Leslee Pennington.
The trip includes:
- Cabin accommodations at the fully furnished Twin Rivers Resort
- Locally grown meals prepared by renowned chefs
- Educational programs and workshops
- A scenic paddle on the Soque River
- Guided Nature Hike with Jim Sullivan
- Presentations from Andrew Linker of Northeast Georgia Locally Grown, President of Soque River Watershed Association Duncan Hughes, and author of “Georgia Canoeing & Kayaking” Guidebook Susanne Welander (and a book signing, too!)
- Live music
- Riverside Yoga class with South Africa native Janita Nelson
- Gourmet cooking class taught by Chef MiMi McGee
- Fly Fishing & Tying Workshop led by Stephen Roberts and Ron Thomas of Unicoi Outfitters
This beautiful Spring weekend is going to be full of fun, relaxation, education, and incredible meals all riverside one of Georgia’s Hidden Gems! You do not want to miss it!