WHAT: Save lives by donating blood!
The American Red Cross will host a critical need blood drive at Town Center at Cobb on Tuesday, February 20 from noon-5 p.m. In addition to unfavorable weather, seasonal flu has contributed to very low donor turnout at many blood drives. Donations are critically needed in the coming days so that patients can continue to receive lifesaving treatments.
Why get involved? Here are some quick facts, courtesy of the American Red Cross:
- Someone needs blood every two seconds in the U.S.
- Just one pint of blood can save up to three lives
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed in the U.S. every day.
- Approximately 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate – yet less than 10 percent actually do
- The American Red Cross supplies approximately 40 percent of the nation's blood supply
WHEN/ Town Center at Cobb – Upper Level JCPenney Wing
WHERE: 400 Barrett Pkwy, Kennesaw, GA 30144
HOW: Visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS using sponsor code ‘tcac’ to schedule an appointment in advance. Reservations are not required.
For more information on these events, visit bit.ly/TCCredcross.
For more blood donation facts, visit the American Red Cross online at givelife.org.